June 5, 2010

Oh How The Tables Will Turn

Striking Against! Ungrateful Parents.

I often hear the term ungrateful teenagers, but never, ever have I experienced the term ungrateful parents. I'd like to know why, because I for one do quite a lot for my parents. And as soon as I refuse them one tiny, menial favour, it's World War III and all hell breaks loose. I swear, if I refuse to make a cup of tea for them, I'm held to ransom. "If you do not make me my tea, you won't be going anywhere for a long, long time". This reaction a) makes me slightly nervous for when I do actually fuck up, and b) kind of, just a little bit, in a really small way annoys the shit out of me.
I mean suree, they fund my clothing and accessories obsession, they pay for my school, they look after me when I'm sick, blah blah blah, repeat-to-fade. But half the time, they are the biggest hypocrites I know. Fairly positive, I'm not the only one in my household who hogs the phone, takes too much time in the bathroom and is on the phone for hours on end.
So, dear Mom, Dad. Shut up.

Strike out Munchkins.

1 comment: